It seems these days everyone is trying to build an online presence in search of fame. Everywhere you turn, travel blogs abound. So, when one is planning their vacation and looking for the latest trends and insights in world travel, where can one go? We have a treat for you. We dug deep down into cyberspace and fleshed out the best of the best in the world of travel blogs. These writers truly have a passion for travel and it shows through each of their unique writing styles. There were so many great writers, it was very difficult to choose the top one. Following, we present to you our picks for the top 9 travel blogs.
9. Journey Woman – Evelyn Hannon takes you on a journey around the world as a solo traveler. She provides great insights and tips, with many interesting pictures thrown into the mix. Her style is laid back and sometimes you feel as if you are there on the adventure with her.
8. The Vacation Gals – A trio of professional travel writers shares their adventures and great tips for travelling the world. Their blog includes family travel, romantic getaways and even girls only adventures.
7. Gadling – The variety of writers that contribute to this blog all convey their messages with humor and intelligence. If you need a mini-vacation, step onto this site for a nice refreshing break.
6. Wandering Earl – Fun, witty and informative, Earl shares details of his now 14 year trip around the world. His adventures have taken him through more than 85 countries, as he gives us the goods of each location. Earl also provides great advice on exploring the world on a budget.
5. Uncornered Market – This fun couple shares delightful tales of their travels across the globe. Both are quite creative, which is reflected in their words and photography. They even share how you too can transform your life into one big travelling adventure.
4. The Planet D – Deb and Dave take us on a journey through their amazing adventures. From a cowboy ranch in central Oregon to the pristine coast of Queensland, this duo has travelled over 80 countries in all 7 continents and share stories and pictures along the way.
3. Nomadic Matt – this blog gives great tips for traveling on a budget. Matt’s writing style is fun and engaging, while being very informative about the things tourism sites won’t tell you. His posts are filled with lots of beautiful, colorful pictures of his adventures too.
2. Everything Everywhere – Travel around the world and back again with Gary Arndt. Gary gives us an inside look into his great explorations in quite an engaging way and also shares with us his beautiful award-winning photography.
1. The Travel Detective – Peter Greenberg, known as The Travel Detective, was named as one of the most influential people in the travel industry by Travel Weekly. His blog presents an insider’s guide to travel, the best luggage for each type of travel, safety, how to save money and more.
Before planning your next vacation, why not check out these blogs and get a better idea of what’s out there that might suit your fancy? Who knows, it could turn into the best adventure of your lifetime!