What’s important to you when parking at the airport – convenience, affordability, amenities, all of the above? It’s not always easy to know what all of your airport parking options are – especially if you’re unfamiliar with the airport you’re flying out of.
But if you know where to look, you can save yourself a lot of confusion and from breaking the bank.
We’ve broken down the most common five airport parking options, from the most expensive to the least:
1. Valet Parking, $$$$$
- This will be the most expensive airport parking option, but might be worth it if convenience is your top priority. Also a solid choice if you have a luxury vehicle and want the most protection available. Visit your airport’s parking page to see valet options.
- Perks: Airport valet services typically offer a menu of other services, such as car wash, detailing, oil changes, and more.
- What makes it great: Convenience, optional amenities, car safety
2. Daily Airport Parking, $$$
- Terminal Parking is a great option if you are parking hourly, but can get expensive once parked long-term. This will be the second most expensive parking option. Make sure to check your airport’s terminal parking rates before committing to parking for your entire trip.
- Perks: Terminal parking is often covered and only a short walk from the terminal entrance. Also, many airport terminal garages/lots are adding car charging stations.
- What makes it great: Convenience, covered parking
3. Economy Parking, $$
- Economy parking will be the least expensive parking the airport offers. Perfect if you’re traveling long-term, as the daily rates are often fairly low. However, if you’ll be at the airport short-term, keep in mind that the first few hours in economy parking cost about the same as the first few hours in terminal parking.
- Perks: Aside from spending less money to park, economy parking garages/lots always offer free transit to the airport, like a bus or a train.
- What makes it great: Money-saver
4. Off-Airport Parking, $
- Off-airport parking is one of the most economical airport parking options. Not affiliated with the airport, these parking services allow you to reserve parking in advance and always provide free shuttle service.
- Perks: Many off-airport parking garages/lots offer the same amenities as the airport valet. There will usually be many different options, like covered or uncovered parking, lots with 24/7 surveillance, and more.
- What makes it great: Affordable, customizable parking options
*Insider tip: Find and compare off-airport parking options with an online parking reservation company like SpotHero. The rates are almost always discounted and it’s easy to book.
5. Hotel Parking, $
- Hotels near airports often offer extended parking with free shuttle service. This is a great option if you have an early morning flight and prefer to stay at a hotel near the airport the night before. You can find room and parking packages at sites like ParkSleepFly.
- Perks: This is going to be your most affordable airport parking option. Potentially a bit further away from the airport and usually only open-lot parking, it’s still very convenient, especially if you need a room.
- What makes it great: Affordable, convenient, parking/room package discounts